Malta festas are religious festivals where each village celebrate their patron saint in true Maltese festive style. During this time the local community gather together and the village or town is transformed with flags, banners, statues and other festive attributes. The finale is usually a fireworks display attended by both locals and visitors to Malta.
This tradition is truly an amazing experience that should not be missed when you visit Malta. Decorated churches, processions, bands and fireworks are the order of the day. The dedication and planning that goes into these festivals creates an end result that is both colourful and entertaining.
These festivals have grown over the years into an almost competitive event with each village or town producing bigger and better festas each year. Festas in Malta are a spectacular event so make sure to bring your camera as you will not be disappointed.
- June 10th - Feast of St. Philip - Zebbug, Malta
- June 16th - 17th - Feast of Our Lady of the Lily - Mqabba, Malta
- June 17th - Feast of the Sacred Heart - Fontana, Gozo
- June 17th - Feast of Corpus Christi - Rabat, Malta
- June 17th - Feast of St. Catherine - Zejtun, Malta
- June 24th - Feast of the Sacred Heart of Mary - Burmarrad, Malta
- June 24th - Feast of St. George - Qormi, Malta
- June 24th - Feast of St. Nicholas - Siġġiewi, Malta
- June 24th - Feast of St. John the Baptist - Xewkija, Gozo
- June 29th - Feast of St. Peter & St. Paul - Nadur, Gozo
- June 29th - Feast of St. Peter & St. Paul - Mdina, Malta